1. You wake up face down in a pile of
candy wrappers, and you don’t remember how you got there.
2. Three cups of coffee does little
to help you focus.
3. There’s a Tootsie Pop dangling
from your hair.
4. You find what can only be M &
Ms melted to the inside of yesterday’s bra cups.
5. The smell of peanut butter makes
you nauseated.
6. Last night’s half-eaten candy
bar is smashed to your butt
7. The telephone rings from the candy
bowl.
8. People keep saying that you smell
like Nerds.
9. You have a zit on the end of your
nose big enough to be a red Skittle.
10. It is a red Skittle.
One or more of us may or may not be
suffering from one or more of these.
You can probably tell from all the
candy humor that the boys made out like bandits in the trick or treat
department this year. Three kids equals three times the candy equals
four bowls full. And that’s just what’s left after last night’s
candy binge.
Jacob the Alien.
I blame our stop in Roswell on our cross-country road trip last December for the current alien obsession in our house. Most of the time, Jacob looked more like Megamind.
Benjy the Ninja.
Because ninjas are awesome, swords are cool, and masks give you the courage to ask strangers for candy.
Andrew the Super Stud Muffin.
Because it was too hot to wear the dragon costume I bought him during afternoon trick-or-treating, and capes are easy to make. Luckily it wasn't too hot for him to be a dragon on our third round of trick-or-treating at night in San Diego.
Jacob was a World Series Champ at school and Benjy was the Karate Kid, because masks weren't allowed. Next year, I'll be happy if we only have to come up with one costume each.
Until then, I'm putting this holiday to bed.

Brilliant! I so understand the 'one kid, one costume' holiday dream -- it sounds like you all had a fun sugar-buzzed weekend! Wishing you all a smooth recovery!
ReplyDeleteThe boys are adorable! Their costumes are adorable! You did a great job making it all happen and your sewing skills are awesome! You have come a long way from the dress we made together when you were in high school. Loved your blog!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am so impressed! Love all the costumes. I may have to borrow some of your ideas with my little one in the future. The Halloween Hangover had me rolling on the floor laughing...
ReplyDeleteOh, Momma! I have suffered many a Halloween Hangover, even when it wasn't Halloween (insert shame face here). I love these photos!!!!
ReplyDelete