Monday, April 25, 2011

The Year Without a Bunny

The Easter Bunny skipped our house this year. There were no chocolate cream filled eggs, no chocolate bunnies and no egg hunts. It was an epic failure on the part of the Easter Bunny. Somehow, he missed the memo that we'd moved to Mexico.

In all fairness to the Easter Bunny, he's never been put to much use around our house. Usually the grandparents load the boys down with so much candy that he doesn't feel the need to stop by. But this year was different. This year, we didn't see any grandparents for Easter.

And then there was the biggest reason for no Easter goodies-- I forgot. My bad.

Luckily the boys didn't even notice. After all, they don't usually wake up to a basket full of goodies on Easter morning anyway.

That's not to say that we didn't have any Easter themed fun. In fact, Semana Santa (Holy Week) was well celebrated at our house. On Palm Sunday, Andrew flogged Chris and the man sitting in front of him with his palm leaf. On Tuesday, Benjy fell up the stairs and grew a giant blue egg on his head to match the ones we dyed, and on Friday, Jacob ate chocolate until he puked.

See, who needs the Easter Bunny anyway? Well, I do. I like chocolate bunnies. I've already had a stern talk with him about this year's slight, and he's promised to stop at our house next year.

Luckily, the Tooth Fairy is more up to date on our current location. Jacob lost yet another tooth this week, and so far, cross your fingers, we have not gotten a flat tire. Now that I think of it though, the tire pressure monitoring system light is on in the car. I should probably check that out.

2 comments:

  1. The grandparent chocolate eggs are running a little late. Probably get them this week. But I loved how you summed it all up in such a creative way, and of course, I always love seeing our boys, and what a precious toothless grin on Jake! He is growing up so much! lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flat tire fairy visited us on Saturday. She'll come visit you on the next holiday.

    ReplyDelete