Monday, April 25, 2011

Brotherly Love

Lisa will undoubtedly blog about our camping trip this past weekend much better than I, but I needed to tell this one story myself.
 
It was Friday evening, our first night camping.  Andrew was asleep in his pack and play, and Lisa had just tucked Jacob and Benjy in for the night.  They were snuggled beside each other in separate sleeping bags, and we expected them to be asleep in a matter of minutes.

The night air was cool, and Lisa and I huddled around the campfire to keep warm, relieved that all the boys were finally down for the night.  We were sipping hot chocolate when we heard three small coughs come from inside the tent followed by a moment of silence.

Just then, the silence was broken with, "No. No. Jacob, no!"

A screech from Benjy and the sound of retching.

"Mommy!  Daddy! Jacob, no! Ewwww! Jacob puked on me!"

Lisa and I looked at each other and laughed.  Then we both darted for the tent, but Lisa got there first, exactly like I'd planned.

Apparently, the S'mores had been too much for Jacob to not continue the tradition that Benjy started on our last camping trip-- puking in the tent.

Fortunately, Jacob had mostly missed his bed.  Unfortunately, he had puked all over Benjy's.

"I didn't do it, Mommy," Benjy said pitifully as Lisa pulled both boys from the tent and stripped them down.  She wasn't laughing anymore.

For the rest of the trip, Benjy happily roasted as many marshmallows as we would let him, but he wouldn't eat them.  He didn't want anyone else to vomit in his bed-- including himself.  The incident had ruined him on S'mores.

P.S.  Please note that for your sake, no pictures have been included.  You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Ben and I are laughing out loud.
    Thank you for ruining almost all desire to go camping.
    Also, thank you for no pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping always seems to come with so much adventure! Wherever Jake and Benjy are, there is excitement and surprises. Thanks for sharing, Chris.

    ReplyDelete