I invited people to our house, so Benjy got sick. I love canceling plans.
I bought ginger ale and chicken noodle soup on sale last week, so he threw up all over me. I love cleaning up puke.
I also stocked up on Motrin, so he ran a fever too. I love cool showers.
And of course, I decided to wash perfectly clean sheets just because they'd been on the bed for a week, so he threw up on those too-- twenty minutes after I put them back on the bed. I love laundry.
But the number one planning blunder: I recorded Home Alone on the DVR, so Benjy had to spend lots of time laying on the couch watching it. I really love Christmas movies. Especially the same one, over and over and over again. At least 14 times. In August.
So you see my dilemma. It's the whole which came first, the chicken or the egg, scenario. Do you prepare because a kid will get sick? Or does he get sick because you are prepared?
At least it wasn't Home Alone 2.
ReplyDeleteLOL. Too true. I don't think anyone could handle Lost in New York on repeat.
ReplyDeleteHave had the same experience with clean sheets and kids! Poor little guy. Hope he is now recovered from whatever got him and that you are recovered from the endless cleanup. Rest well!
ReplyDeleteHome Alone was the BEST sick movie! Then it became Ferris Bueller when I was older! This makes me want to have a sick day - well, minus the actual being sick part! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to report that Benjy is better and has returned to school, and most importantly, I once again control daytime programming. Oh, who am I kidding? We've moved on to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
ReplyDelete