Yesterday during the Great Blogger Crash of 2011, I posted a super cute video of Andrew walking entitled "The New Trick." That post was live for about 12 hours when Blogger ate it, and I'm still waiting for it to be restored.
There are a few people that get automatic emails whenever we post a blog, mainly grandparents and a couple of friends that we force to read about us, or at the very least, we force to make a conscientious effort to delete our stories. Of course, to make sure they're reading, I send out random pop quizzes. So you see, for those few special people, there is just no escaping us.
But back to yesterday.
When I hit publish on "The New Trick," which was just a video embedded from YouTube with no text, those special people automatically got an email from me just as normal. However, whenever they opened their email labeled "The New Trick," what they found was an empty email. Just white space. They assumed that an empty email was my new trick.
I have to admit that after my April Fools Day post in which I ambiguously announced a fake pregnancy, I can see how those special people might doubt my good intentions.
So thank you Blogger for giving me a good laugh. Now hurry up and bring back my post.
No comments:
Post a Comment